Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Little Helpers

This wouldn't be happening if Aunty Olive was still around.

Maya helps take the laundry in...


... while Ruhi stands atop a small stool to help do a round of washing up.

I am so glad I made the decision not to have house help. Even if it eats a whole chunk off my work-work time and energy, These Two are learning all about the nitty-gritty of what keeps life going as smoothly as possible. That clothes don't get magically folded, and their rooms are not tidy if they don't tidy it up, and that meals are not prepared without having to clean up after.

I may be depriving them a little of play/TV time to do some chores, but it's all good investment in character building, methinks.

1 comment:

  1. my mom was the same! she let go of our nanny bec we were becoming too dependent and lazy. it got to a point where i was asking her to fetch me everything from a glass of water to the TV remote which was only a stretch away! imagine the spoiled li'l brats we could have been :)

    ReplyDelete