Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Scenes from London

Here are more pics.

These were from my Me-time, when I marched off to the Victoria and Albert Museum with much excitement. I had the privilege of viewing the exhibition Maharaja: The Splendour of India's Royal Courts. The following snippet is taken off The Luxury Channel.



It was, needless to say, absolutely breathtaking. I even got to see the mind-boggling Patiala necklace "in the flesh"! I have often googled, read about and breathed heavily over pics of this iconic piece of jewelry, and, I tell you, no photography/videography can ever capture the slap-in-your-face bling on this beauty. I was, indeed, very happily, slapped in the face.

On my way to my most favourite place to be in the whole wide world, the Victoria and Albert Museum.

And right-smack next to the V&A, the Natural History Museum. Also pretty awesome, with, among lots of other things, a huge collection of stuffed birds from around the world, and an entire upright T-Rex skeleton in its neo-classical lobby.

The underground walkway that leads you directly from South Kensington tube station to the cluster of museums.

Incredible !ndia on a London cab. Could be cute, could be satirical. Depends on what kind of hang-ups you have. ;) As for the Crown Jewels, let's not go there...

Ah, the gorgeousness of a rose shop (yes, they sell ONLY roses), complete with rose petals strewn outside. SOO-PER!

No comments:

Post a Comment