Thursday, June 25, 2009

New stuff - going to KL





These are just a few of the stuff I made specially for Rachel, who represents MAYA & RUHI in Kuala Lumpur. She has done an amazing job, and recently managed to score another counter at major department store Isetan, at 2 locations - MidValley and KLCC (yes, that gorgeous, gorgeous landmark. It seriously took my breath away when I went to visit.)

So, I'm figuring this out. If I have the same designs on Etsy and in KL, there'd have to be a marked retail price. And really, I don't want to have that hassle of having to police, or having customers suddenly emerge one day saying "How come I bought this for $XXX, and it costs only $XX on Etsy!?" It's quite clear that there are no overheads and whatnot on Etsy, but to a customer, it's just not on.

Sooo, I have decided to have a separate set of designs exclusive to KL. Which is sort of basically what I have been doing since demand grew a little. 'Coz how it all started was Rachel scouting me out over Etsy, so to begin with, she had ordered wholesale off my Etsy "menu".

However, now that I'm carving out a niche in KL, I want to "keep it real". The customers deserve it, and no less. :)

Not to say that I won't be doing Klimts anymore on Etsy. But just different ones... :)

And Rachel, you are right. Now I have 3 avenues for creative expression through jewelry:
1. The super fancy stuff at colette (which I shall also include super fancy commissions for weddings and family pieces)
2. The niche market in KL
3. The handmade appreciators at Etsy

Now, shall I pull out all my hair, or just wait for it to all fall off? :]
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. So bummed to read this, as I'm absolutely gaga over the second and fourth earrings pictured here. Seriously. And I don't think I'll be in the KL neighborhood anytime soon.

    *sigh* What can I say - I just love your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, thanks so much! Fret not, there's always Alchemy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pearl, I read the article in Star so here I am. Just wanted to say the stuff here are so cool. I was reading an old post and came across a pair of pearl earrings with long loops - hope I got that right, just wondering if you are still selling it. This is a great blog and I do enjoy reading everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi M.Kate! Nice to meet you! Thanks for dropping by and loving the blog. Yes, the long wrapped hoops. I think there are some in KL. I will find out and let you know.

    You have a super blog! Gorgeous pics! Wish I was in every one of the super beach holiday ones! ;D

    Thanks again M.Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pearl,

    I know your work from The Star too. I hope you don't mind me drooling over your beauties at the retail counters till I get enough money to own a piece. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Agnes!

    Nice to 'meet' you! ;) Thanks so much for loving my art. Please feel free to drool over everything you see. I'd be most honoured to be able to inspire anyone's day...

    Thanks again Agnes!

    ReplyDelete