Friday, February 19, 2010

An Overhaul of Sorts


I tell you, Change is all out to get me. First with the house-help leaving, and a new one coming, who will be in need of training and accustomizing. And then my trusty ole laptop went and died on me.

It died pretty much a slow death, with me ignoring all the signals from the increasingly often hangings, 'coz I was too busy with the housework. Until a few days back, it hanged, and just plain refused to come back on. I'm currently using its baby brother who is supposedly reserved for music...

So we took it off to the shop a few days back, and yesterday the computer guy called to say that everything on the hard drive is lost! EVERYTHING! All my pics, all my invoices, all my notes... Now if that isn't just the biggest f***-up, I don't know what is. Seriously, all my records of all my past pieces, all the lovely pics I had planned for blog posts, all my favourite links, and even some amount of family pics from the recent hols... argh.

In any case, on a more positive note, I AM back at the worktable, currently working on a friend's wedding present. A little overdue, and I am timing it for when she returns from her honeymoon next week.

And on an even brighter note, I've got 2 custom projects to start working on, a Mothers' Day Special shipment to work on for Isetan KL, and my next collection to conceptualise, put down on paper, and craft up prototypes for. All intensely creative and reassuringly "crafty". So I'm gonna keep on keeping on, and not let botherations bother me. ;)

I guess the best way around Change is to embrace it and, corny as it may sound, go with the flow. After all, it's all about Perspective. ;)

(pic from icanread)

No comments:

Post a Comment