Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crocheted Whatchamacallit

OK, so I made this, and I have no idea what it is. I am sure though there is a name for it, but I just don't know of it. Anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

It's sort of like a shawl/capelet/shrug. Something I have seen worn during Victorian times by peasant folk. Of course, those ones ranged from lengths of rags to woolly, but beat-up shawls.



So the one I have crocheted is on the more genteel side, and somewhat updated. There is a border, which branches out into long-ish straps that you can tie into a smart bow at the back.



I really like how this is actually quite warm to have, and creates a very flattering empire waistline on dresses. And for winter climes, this can be worn around the neck for a warmer effect.

So if anyone has a name for this thing, I'd like to know what it's officially called. Until then, I think I might call it a "shrug" (?). (Pun not quite intended.)

And now, I am going to launch into a mini-version, in pink and grey, for my little niece in London. This one is for her Mummy. :)

1 comment: