Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Yarning Along

I'm still at it - my garter-stitch scarf with the wonderful colourway.  Yup, I'm a slow knitter.


But I must say, it is coming along very nicely. A few minor irregular-tension type of thing going on here and there.  But that's the beauty of "handmade", no? ;)

So this will quite definitely not be in time for Christmas, but it's OK.


And I am reading this fantasmical book, "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern.   It's no literary masterpiece.  But, boy, what a story!  It takes a bit of a stretch of the imagination, but you get used to it by the 1st chapter, and then you are hooked!  It's so good, I am high-five-ing myself (sometimes on the inside, sometimes aloud and physically - which constitutes an audible "Wow!" and me putting the book down for a second to give a self-satisfying clap.)  My family is used to it.

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous colorway and blocking will fix any of the irregularities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a slow knitter,too.I think it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete