Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Good To Yoga To Know

I am a yoga-er (I don't say yogi, because then people think I am some kind of expert).

And when people hear that I yoga on a regular basis, they immediately think I can twist myself into a pretzel. Some go as far as to ask me to demonstrate putting my leg over the back of my neck.

Fact is: I can't. "Strange, but true".

Fact is: I like yoga because it likes you the way you are. The only pressure, if there is, comes from the Self. No where in yoga does it say, that if you can't throw your leg over the back of your neck, you're not healthy enough.



Thing is: yoga learned me how to explore my limitations. And that is just as important as exploring your potential. In fact, it's sort of the same thing, don't you think?

So for today, I shall be doing 8 sun salutations: 2 regular ones, and 6 variated ones, with side twists, triangles, seated warriors, 3-legged downward dogs and chaturongas thrown in here and there.

My sun salutations are super slow, so this should take me about an hour. And then I'll have a Becks. Sounds like a plan. :)


(pic from nataliedee)

No comments:

Post a Comment